- BC’s Public Health Order requires masks to be worn in all indoor public spaces by everyone
- As hotels are an essential service, vaccines are not required to stay with us.
- Proof of vaccination with matching ID is required in our restaurant and for meetings and events over 50 people in our convention facilities.
Proof of vaccination will not be required for use of our pool and hot tub facilities.
The Anchor Inn & Suites takes the health and safety of our guests extremely seriously and we will cooperate with the PHO as required to do so by law. We ask that you please treat our staff with kindness as they enforce the proof of vaccination orders.
For more information on the Government of BC’s proof of vaccination requirements, and to learn more about what is required or to sign-up for your proof of vaccination card, visit this website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
What we’re doing:
We will continue to monitor the credible sources of information for our industry, including WorkSafeBC, BC Government & Health Authority, and the Hotel Association of Canada and BC.
A few of the procedures we’ve implemented are:
- Increased cleaning schedules including ongoing sanitization of hands and hard surfaces.
- High-touch areas are being disinfected continuously throughout the day.
- All fitness rooms and pool areas are fully operational with increased sanitization efforts. Hours may be limited.
- Our restaurant and catering facilities are following the required protocols
- We are also taking every step possible to limit interactions between staff and guests, including:
- Guests will be encouraged to maintain a physical distance from hotel staff and other guests.
- Protective screens will remain installed at the front desk.
- Check-in procedures have been altered to allow minimal contact and the area and its various equipment will be sanitized frequently.
- To avoid contact with our employees, guests will be asked to leave their room when housekeeping services are taking place.
- It is recommended that guests ride the elevator alone, or only with their family members.
- Guests are asked to respect the maximum capacity limits established in each area of the hotel.